Friday, April 2, 2010

A car story (Part 2) written 09

It is always interesting to read something from the past written in a moment of revelation, but reading my previous post ( penned in 2004, 5 yrs ago) is even more special as Betsy has turned 17 now, and she is still strong and I am cheering her on. She has clocked over 400000 km on the odometer, and all the vital signs are still good.

Seventeen might be the beautiful age for a young girl, but a car that age in KL roads is like ancient . Ha ha I sometimes wonder what my clients think when I drive up to their posh million(s) dollar homes in my Betsy… is that the real estate agent or the contractor ah ? (This proton model is a favorite among contractors bcos they are such good hardy cars!)  You know people form immediate impressions and conclusions and that’s how people are…interesting .

 But by now you must know already this is not about a car… it about our God and how good he is towards us. Recently I had to make an important decision and doubts poured in and fear etc. and I was immobilized. But I really needed to hear God on this matter. He directed me to Psalm 113 which I had not read many many moons now . At the first reading I did not see anything that was relevant to my situation, but I continued to meditate on the passage. When I read the short psalm again my eyes fell on verse 6, and 7 and here is what it says….


7 He raises the poor out of the dust,
And lifts the needy out of the ash heap,
8 That He may seat him with princes—
With the princes of His people.



And that is the heart of our God.

I received no specific answer to my question, but instead felt Holy Spirit ministered the heart of our Father to me. Confidence began to pour in and I had a great sense of peace over my decision.

"Dust" and "ash heap" are not great descriptions of esteemed positions. Yet here is the heart of God, HE desires to lift us up. Period.

And here is the icing…., He views us a princes (royalty) as though we are seated with His Son (Jesus) in the heavenly places (Ephesians 2:5-7). How we need to catch this in our spirit.

He takes that which is common/ dust/ ash heap / rejects, and makes it highly esteemed, not of our own doing but by one supreme act of Jesus at the cross. He takes the lowly and puts them in high positions of royalty.

Thus, we may look like 'commoner' but hey … we are ROYAL BLOOD!! Yes the world may look at us one way, but God sees another. We are redeemed by His Son, and special in His eyes. Oh how wonderful the heart of the Father …to lift us up and seat us in high places...and to bless us.

Isn't that good news?


You know what .. the next time my clients gives the evil eye to Betsy, I might just tell them .. she may look like a contractor’s car, but you know inside she's truly an Aston Martin…(ROYALTY!!)

yeah!



May 2009

Betsy hits the BIG 40.. 


so i gave her the full works, car spa, body scrub, and vaccum


Blow dryed and styled


her nails (er ..tires) polished and a rear lift (??!)


and here is the ONLY clue to her real IDENTITY . In HIS majesty secret service


cos you know , inside she is really an ASTON MARTIN


















..
.

..
"... but you know inside she's truly an Aston Martin…yeah!"

2 comments:

  1. oh, i love this post!!! hahahahah! and yes, i look like i need a total makeover and overhaul too, but you know inside i'm truly a Shania Twain beauty! in actual fact, i don't have any qualms about my looks cos i was picked up from miry clay and given beauty in place of ashes. don't i know it. WOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this. the Lord has spoken to me again, through you. Hallelujah!!

    ReplyDelete