Sunday, May 8, 2022

The flower stand

I wish i had taken a picture of the flower stand when i first unboxed it, the mess of parts unassembled strewn across my porch ; pieces of wood different lengths, configuration, and various 'holes' in strategic places for assembly ( ie.the screws, nuts, n bolts). 
The brain gets fogged trying to figure out how its susposed to fit together (btw did i mention that the assembly instructions was all in Chinese.. which I didn't know sh*t). I felt the pang of 'paralysis of analysis' unsure what i should do first. However, I knew regardless of 'unknowing' the full picture, i just needed to take a first step, and then the next step will be clearer. 

 I think its also true, the spiritual parallel when faced with indecision (analysis paralysis ) we just need to take the first step. By faith we take action (first step), then as we do, we can trust the holy spirit to guide us to the next.(course of action) Often times we want to see the whole picture in our minds first before we take the first step. It seems unnatural for us to 'move' w/out see the entire plan. I guess, that is what it means to 'walk in faith'. 

In the fall of fortified city Jerico, imagine following God s instruction to circle the city walls 7 times would result in the walls come tumbling down. But the first step of obedience is probably the most difficult. The walls of objections in our mind need to come tumbling down first, before our feet would move. In the end, it boils down to trust. God help us to trust. 

The hymn goes, it's so sweet to trust in Jesus. 

 • Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His Word; Just to rest upon His promise, And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!” 
 • Refrain: Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er; Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! Oh, for grace to trust Him more! 
 • Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to trust His cleansing blood; And in simple faith to plunge me ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood! • Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus, Just from sin and self to cease; Just from Jesus simply taking Life and rest, and joy and peace.
• I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee, Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend; And I know that Thou art with me, Wilt be with me to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment