Saturday, September 25, 2010

shampoo instructions - shower revelations



If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have NOT love, I gain nothing.- (1 Cor 3:13), Apostle Paul.

What did you mean Paul? “I have/gain nothing IF I have not LOVE”.

What if I give myself to do missions, give all my time to the church, give all my money, suffer my body .... for the sake of the gospel. I have gained nothing?


Without this LOVE i am / have nothing? Really???
What does one have to do to gain this love anyways?

Absolutely nothing. We (can) only receive it. It’s our ability to receive WITHOUT doing anything (at all ) that marks our clear understanding of the gospel.

So often we hear what we ‘must do’ so that we become ‘pleasing’ to God. The voices are incessant; this oft repeated mantra heard through the pulpits of the church. The fear is we must not become lazy or complacent. The army must advance. We want to see more activity, bigger numbers, build bigger budgets, and yes bigger ‘barns’ as well. None of which is wrong.

But the ‘sponge’ can leak only what it is filled with. And in spite of the seemingly meaningful activities, I suspect most are running on ‘dry/empty’.

God is love. And unless we are filled with HIS love we have nothing to give. ( u know empty vessels make the most noise )

People, we need to take time and ‘labor’ to be in this rest. He said ‘Come to me ... and i will give your rest’

Feels really good. Clean after shower. And at rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment