Friday, May 4, 2018

The art of nothingness. (be like water)

So today I decided to hit the trail again after a short hiatus. I knew if I could haul myself to the foothill I would surely enjoy the next 1.5 hours. The fresh mountain air greeted me the moment I opened the car door and it triggered a  shot of adrenaline to my system (still half awake). The trek was predictable except the early morning thunderstorm left the ground wet and puddles all along the trail.


                     (The streams flowing higher today because of the morning thunderstorm.)



I took my time today. 


I walked slow, purposefully brought my thoughts to the present, focusing on my breathing, and just taking the next step. I did not allow my mind to easily wander ahead to the next change of terrain instead just  to concentrate on the task at hand. (just the next step andrew ... ! ) After awhile, I could feel my body and mind slow down and being cognizant of my immediate surroundings and  enjoying the moment. We don't get to enjoy the moment cos most of the time we are like in another realm/place.
In today's environment, it's really a anomaly to allow our minds to disengage from the constant bombardment of fresh information at our fingertips. Our being is constantly stimulated; if only we allow ourselves to be present, the tension will subside, the journey will be less hurried.

Is this the new normal??!  Modern devices  hanging off  our arm like a ball and chain. The constant planning ahead is so  habitual and  we become preoccupied to the point our spirit is weighed (and we don't even notice?). No wonder Jesus said,  "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."


 but I do know what it feels like .. , well at least for an hour and half.

And with each stepst seem like a step into parallel realm, a land of rest, in a far off country.

Till the next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment